REF: Symposium Ballot

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Received the AIS Bulletin today.  Tucked in the envelope is the
2000 Symposium ballot.  No place for write-ins either.  Are they
allowed?  I'm naturally suspicious of this sort of thing so someone
needs to remind me of the merit/purpose of compiling the list.
Have any plans progressed to include irises other than TBs?

As I recall, there were some good arguments put on this list for
completing and mailing the ballot and when I get more time I plan
to search in the archives and try to locate them.  In the meantime,
I'd be interested in the pros and cons.  One pro is the sheer fun of
reading the results and recognizing cultivars growing.  But it also
makes me feel that my cultivation methods must fall very short
sometimes when a very poor grower in my yard consistently makes
the list.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7