Re: AIS Bulletin

From: Pooreplace@aol.com

Evening Iris Enthusiasts...

I stopped posting to this thing long ago, cuz I couldn't ever get the subject
tags right and got tired of getting reprimanded like I'd just dropped my
twenty-year-old frayed and brittle first grade reader in the mud while
deboarding the smokey, fume-ridden yeller school bus...  However, drastic
measures require drastic measures...  I'm sure I've mis-tagged here, but in
the absence of what in the #*$@ to put, this'll have to suffice, so please
"subject tag police", give me a rest...  I've been ailin' ...

JUST fished the mail out of the box and found my copy of the "October" (but
don't let me get up on my soap box for that topic) AIS Bulletin in the
mails...  Started Reading...  Didn't get fer...  Barely digested the
apologies or explanations for the lateness of the July Bulletin...  JULY?!?
Knew a new symposium ballot was coming (or so I had heard MONTHS ago, which
is about how long it's been since I've talked to an iris person...  Sure do
miss Ruth...  :-(   ---   ) but as I started perusing the Ballot (thinking
I'd be able to easily get to it by year end, even with Y2K Preparedness at
full throttle) I READ on the ballot it is due BACK by DECEMBER 1st!!!  Is
this surely a mistake???  A typo???  Has it been extended, if for nothing
other than horrendous lateness of delivery???

If it hasn't I must wonder:  Good God, why on earth did they go to all the
trouble and expense of reprinting the whole entire thing if they weren't
going to give a soul time to sufficiently re-digest (after all, it's been a
LONG time since Iris season) the ordeal and properly fill it out.

When I read through the ballot, I like to take it in pieces, giving my mind
and eyes time to reflect on each iris individually.  Right now, many names
will bring up pictures of Daylilies by that name before it'll ever shuttle
back as fer as iris season.

Don't mean to be on a Witch on Wheels here, but there are many of us (me
anyway) that actually do have a life outside of "just iris" and I have some
pretty serious travel plans commencing in a few short hours, with a crack of
dawn surgery set for  Monday, and depending upon certain outcomes --- I'm
sure I'm gonna be pretty out-a-commission til after Thanksgiving.

I know, priorities, priorities.  Guess if I give up getting up the Christmas
lights and putting out the Christmas Kardz along with the seasonal
greeting---usually long as a novel, I'd have time to drop everything and do
this RIGHT now...  Am I just all wet here, or what???  Or did my copy of the
new Bulletin come via Pony Express???

Cheers,  Kath in OKC... =^.^= aka:  Kathy L. Poore   AIS Region 22,  USDA
Zone 7