Re: REF: Symposium Ballot

From: Irisacher@aol.com

In a message dated 11/12/99 9:55:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
donald@eastland.net writes:

<<  But it also
 makes me feel that my cultivation methods must fall very short
 sometimes when a very poor grower in my yard consistently makes
 the list. >>

Well...maybe it doesn't grow well other places, either!  This symposium is
"favorites"....and there can be lots of reasons for an iris to be a
"favorite"--not necessarily including garden-worthiness.  The great majority
of what I select WILL be proven performers in my area....but there always
seems to be at least one check mark that sneaks out of the end of the pen
because the iris was STUNNING at the national....or it is a completely unique
color combo...or something....you get the idea.

Now my JUDGES BALLOT is different.  That is where the garden-worthiness MUST
take precedence.  I think a published compilation of regional Judges ballot
results is potentially very valuable...and NO...I'm NOT volunteering!

Dorothy Stiefel
IrisAcher@aol.com
Dryden, NY