Re: REF: Bulletin

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/13/99 11:54:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jijones@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Maybe we should do what all the "big" magazines do - title each issue 2
 subsequent to the publication date and keep the same deadlines. That way each
 issue would come out a month before it was due... >>

Perhaps what needs clarification is the date at which the issue is, in fact,
"due." My understanding has always been that the cover date was the month in
which the issue was sent to press and mailed, and that one should expect it
to arrive in its own time thereafter, depending upon the breaks at the
postoffice. I have not had a problem with this.

This should not be interpreted as my support of anything less than a
professional attitude toward getting it out sooner rather than later, or my
acceptance of failure to get it out in sufficient time to bring essential
information promptly to the attention of the membership, some of whom are, in
fact, deeply interested in the administrative  affairs of the society of
which they are a part, and unwilling to accept flashy layout in lieu of
timely notice.

Anner Whitehead