Re: REF: Symposium Ballot

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 11/13/1999 1:22:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
HIPSource@aol.com writes:

<< Each person willing to sign their name and identify their location by
state
 and USDA Zone, or country for our foreign members, might simply post a list
 of up to twenty five irises, bearded or beardless, hybrid or species, old or
 new, that they can state with confidence born of individual experience, are
 superior garden irises in their area.  >>

I love this idea!  This could be THE most important thing we've done on this
list.... EVER.

Do I understand that we are not using the symposium ballot as a guide... but
just counting off the best of the best that we grow??  This is wonderful!

Let me think for a minute ...  two that come to mind right away are:

GRAND WALTZ...  a confection of raspberry lace and ruffles that grows and
blooms no matter what.

VICTORIA FALLS.... yes, I know it falls over.  But it still is a consistent
performer in this garden - and blue as the sky.  And I had it planted next to
a fire engine red oriental poppy in my front garden once upon a time and the
combination would bring strong men to their knees.

OK.... only two.  I still get 23 more.  But I need to think on it.

Kathy Guest - who knows that the rest of you are rested and ready for this.
E. Aurora, NY (a Buffalo burb), Zone 6