CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/13/99 2:51:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Irisborer@aol.com writes:

<<  Do I understand that we are not using the symposium ballot as a guide...
 just counting off the best of the best that we grow??  This is wonderful!  >>

U-uuuuu got it, Our Borer!
We should just keep it simple and loose, and anyone who wants to can
participate in the spirit of true parity of opinion. People can read the
determinations. No need to subject it all to a lot of statistical analysis.
It does not matter how many "votes'"an iris gets, or any "ranking,"  or
whether something that does well for someone else does crappy for you,
because any iris mentioned will be thought to be a superior garden plant by
someone somewhere, and that is good to know.

Just count off the very best of the best that you grow, as determined by you
on your own terms of garden-worthiness, the irises that you love and repect
for the wonderful plants they are. A celebration! Root for your great ones!
Make it 30 if you got them!

Probably we should stipulate to pallida and pseudacorus since they would
probably perform well even in a closed closet....and HELEN COLLINGWOOD, which
Clarence and I agree is probably the best iris of the century to date.

Going off to start thinking about my list now.

Hope someone else will play with us, Borer.

Anner Whitehead
"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."