TB: Rhiz. not growing roots

From: Doug Berry <dberry@marin.k12.ca.us>

Hi all you iris lovers,  I have a bit of a problem that I hope some of
you may be able to help me solve.   In Aug and Sept I planted newly
purchased rhizomes, and divided 50 Rhiz that had developed over the past
two years. I planted them directly in the ground.   They ALL grew big
fans and are now putting out lots of new little rhizimes--all but one.
I planted an Edith Wolford which did nothing--it didn't die, but the fan
didn't develop, no little babies, and no new root growth (I dug it up
today to check).  I live in the San Francisco bay area and the weather
continues to be warm, so I cut off the dead roots that had remained from
when I planted it in Sept. (they were soft and mushy) and put it in a
pot as many of you say is the way to plant all new irises.  The question
is: what now?  Should I keep the pot outside?  In a sunny location?  In
a sunny window so it gets more warmth?  Under a florescent light to make
it think the days are longer than they are?  Thank you for any ideas you
can give to me.  Doug