Re: CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Here is a list of beautiful irises which are good steady garden performers in
my small urban yard in Richmond, Virginia, which is Zone 7 with a lot of
humidity in summer and winter and naturally acidic clay soil. Not much borer
problem, many fungii. I like all kinds of irises and grow mainly historics
and species in conditions that are far from ideal.

I. tectorum alba. (SPEC) The white Japanese roof iris. Very beautiful.
I. setosa alba (SPEC) A good form is a garden plant to treasure.
I. ensata in the variegated form (SPEC:JI). Beautiful blooms, stunning
striped foliage.
HONORABILE (MTB:HIST) Crisp, bright small variegata Still the best of its
JUNGLE SHADOWS (BB:HIST) Magnificently murky in blended brown and purple.
MA MIE (IB:HIST) Fresh blue and white plicata. Exceptional weather
AMIGO'S GUITAR (TB:HIST) Fabulous sandlewood and oxblood dark variegata.
QUAKER LADY (TB:HIST) A lovely small cocoa dusted with gold.
ALCAZAR (TB: HIST) Fragrant two toned purple bronze. Indefatigable.
VANITY (TB) Than which few irises are better. A soft tailored pink self.
JURISPRUDENCE (TB) A very good white. Excellent form.
ELECTRIQUE (TB) Greyed blue and mulled rose modern.
CAROLINA GOLD (TB) Clear golden yellow self.
LEMON CHESS (TB) Walter Moore's refined pale lemon yellow.
LORILEE (TB) A good rosy lavender self.
CELEBRATION SONG (TB) Clear warm pastels.
THEN AGAIN (TB:REB) Clear medium blue, very nice ruffles.
CHANGE OF PACE (TB) Rose standards, falls white with heavy mulberry rim.
FAIRY FINGERS (SIB) Enchanting little white weirdness.
PANSY PURPLE (SIB) Clear purple, and its foliage really does stay good all
ROSE QUEEN (JI:SPEC) Heartbreakingly pretty.
THE GREAT MOGUL (JI) An awe inspiring dark JI.
CONTRABAND GIRL (SPEC:LA: HIST) Rose, collected species.
DOROTHEA K.WILLIAMSON (SPECX:LA:HIST) Purple, and will take shade.
And I already mentioned that I believe HELEN COLLINGWOOD (TB:HIST) is

I hope this information will be of interest and use to others.

Anner Whitehead