Re: REF: Symposium Ballot

From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>

Anner has goaded me out of lurking.  This sounds like
a bit of fun!

My criteria for making the list was good growth, foliage habit, and
garden "presence". I admit favoring intense, saturated color and/or
strong contrasts in color.  It was difficult to pick 25 out of the 1700 or so
that I grow, but for the past bloom season, I can live with these.  :)

Here are my 25 in no particular order:

1. RIPPLING RIVER- WOW! ruffling unlimited. slow increaser
2. SWINGTOWN-claret? color , excellent form
3. TEMPTING FATE-intense contrast amoena--real garden presence
4. EPICENTER-unusual color contrast, another eyecatcher-plum on melon plicata
5. HORATIO-awesome royal violet purple
6. PAGAN GODDESS-really eycatching peach-pink
7. STREETWALKER-a very  "loud" plant, reminiscent of an orchid
8. PANDORA'S PURPLE-unusual, dark violet on violet plicata
9. NOBLE HOUSE-dark and ruffled
10. CLOSED CIRCUIT-a nice plicata, banding id very dark purple and well defined
11. RUFFLED FEATHERS-a brown plicata with purple hints on light cream ground
12. WHOLE CLOTH-great form, still stands out in the crowd 41 years after introduction
13. WITCH'S WAND-hey, I like it.....can be a touchy grower
14. LYRIQUE BB-different, lavender with red-purple sdb spot pattern, but on a BB
15. PROTOCOL IB-heavy grower, best IB of this season
16. ALADDIN'S FLAME SDB-gold bronze, blue beards make nice contrast
17. LATE NIGHT SDB-another dark  that makes me do a double take
18. MINIDRAGON SDB-a dark with flaming beards
19. SILVER EDGE  SIB-great growth, medium blue, white wire edge
20. TEAL VELVET SIB-very velvety dark blue-violet
21. ESTHER CDM SIB-great white, excellent clump
22. MYSTERIOUS MONIQUE versicolor-one of those gotta-have-its
23. JEWELLED CROWN SIB-wine red with white blaze
24. CAESER'S BROTHER SIB-the quintessential siberian, has it all (except bud count and
25. AQUA WHISPERS SIB-pinkish lavender