CULT: My favs

From: Irisborer@aol.com

I think this is a wonderful exercise.... and the beauty thing is that if we
are intrigued by someone's choices - we can actually get FEEDBACK!!  For
example, if I see that John Barleycorn is in love with a siberian called
ANNER, I can ask him what kind of soil he has.... whether he waters or not...
whether he fertilizes or not and if he does, with what.

You get the picture.

So our symposium is not a static document - but a living organism!!!

Fabulous.

I'm on it.

FAVORITES AT THE STATELY GUEST MANSION
East Aurora, NY - Z6

GRAND WALTZ
VICTORIA FALLS
BUMBLEBEE DEELITE (MTB) - a wonderful performer and great increaser.  Yallar
standards and maroon falls that stand out smartly at the horizontal.  Best
viewed in a clump - which is no problem, since it clumps up readily
NIAGARA POWER (JI) - delicate and unusual 3-fall Japanese Iris with raspberry
standards, gunmetal grey falls shot with raspberry veins.  Will bring you to
your knees.
SUPERSTITION (TB), black - black as night, black as coal... the sun blotted
out from the sky
PINK BUBBLES (BB) - long been my all time favorite.  This pink confection has
not a trace of flesh-tone in the color.  A clear pink of blocky form - frothy
and perfection.
DUSKY CHALLENGER  (TB) - big dark purple.  Did I say big??  It's BIG folks.
EARTH SONG (TB) - lemon yellow standards, pale lilac falls.  Like a more
femine version of Edith Wolford - that grows like crazy.
SHIRLEY M  (TB) another pink... pale and pure with a powder blue beard.  Not
the best grower in my garden - but worth the wait.
PINK HAZE (Siberian) - pink haze is more pinkish-lavender.  It's an oldie but
holds it's good looks next to the newest of the new.  Whenever I see a pink
siberian in a garden and go in for a closer look because I'm so impressed, it
turns our to be PINK HAZE

LAKE KEUKA  (Siberian) - tones of blue on a quick-growing, perfect siberian.
JEWELLED CROWN (siberian) - pansy purple tet siberian with a stunning gold
crown where the signal area is.  Breathtaking
LITTLE TRICOLOR (siberian), Blue, violet and purple and could easily overtake
your garden if you turned your back.  I bring bags of LT to our sale every
other year - but it's such a beauty it's a pleasure to share..
FRECKLED GEISHA (JI) 6-F white with rose spotting....  outstanding
STATELY FLAMINGO (JI) 3-F - enooooooooormous flamingo pink with a flower that
can look you in the eye.
POPULAR ACCLAIM (JI) 3-F - white falls, violet standards with tiny white
rims.  Dramatic.
FOREIGN INTRIGUE (JI) 6-F mysterious dark blue violet with lighter edges.
Tall and has real presence in thgarden
AURORA'S BLUSH (IB) - wonderful raspberry with extraordinary floriforiousness
(sp??  no clue)
GEISHA (IB) I love the blocky form of this one... blue and violet plicata
FROSTED VELVET (MTB) white standards and dark violet falls with a white rim.
Excellent.

MAUI MOONLIGHT - can't remember if it's a BB or IB - but it's certainly TDF
(<-- to die for).  Palest lemon yellow and perfect form.  I swear that it
glows in the moonlight.
HELLCAT (IB) light blue standards, dark blue falls.  Quality all the way.

And I'm reserving my last three till I can face going out in the cold and
reading the nametags

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY - Z6 (but deteriorating in time for the Bills game)