Re: TB: Rhiz. not growing roots

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Doreen writes:

>I thought rooting powder was usually a nitrogen fix ot recomended for our
TB.
>Doreen

You could well be right.  I don't know what the stuff is.  It was an action
born
of desperation.  The rhizomes had no viable roots and no sign of making any
when I found them.  This one had stressed to the point of expiration in our
drought this summer and I had relocated it where it received more shade
and got some extra attention along with some others (mainly medians) in
the hopes of salvaging them and finding a location which suited them.
BATIK hadn't responded, tho the others did.  I figured it to be a goner no
matter what I did, so dunked the rhizomes in the rooting powder and
potted.  Whatever is the cause, it now appears to be growing quite well.  It
may not be a good practice generally and may not be the reason it is
responding now.  Anyone else know more?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 (avoiding changing a flat tire by playing on the computer)