RE: AIS Bulletin/Membership

From: "Martha Brown" <mbrown@pldi.net>

Ais Bulletin arrived several days ago.  I have read part and scanned the
rest and am in awe that a publication of this quality is produced by
volunteer staff and available for such a low cost.

Being new (1 year) to Iris and AIS I would like to make an observation
regarding the discontent with the perceived late arrival and errors in the
bulletin.  The benefits of AIS are worth so much more than the nominal cost
of dues it would be a shame if only one person who was lurking here got the
impression AIS dues are a waste of money due to the discontent voiced here.

The AIS Bulletin, the Region 22, Sooner State Iris Society and section
bulletins and newsletters are packed with information.  The Judges Training
(even though you have to be a member 3 years officially to qualify as a
judge), section meetings at National Convention, the Region 22 meeting at
Hot Springs and local club meetings have all been worth the time and money I
have invested as someone new to Iris.  As a whole I have found AIS members
to be a great group of people and their willingness to share their knowledge
is phenomenal.

I highly recommend membership in AIS and taking advantage of all the
learning opportunities available as a member.

M Brown
NW Oklahoma, USA
USDA Zone 6b,  Sunset Zone 35