Re: CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/14/99 8:18:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Irisborer@aol.com writes:

<< I think this is a wonderful exercise.... and the beauty thing is that if
we
 are intrigued by someone's choices - we can actually get FEEDBACK!!  >>

Sure! We can look at the lists of good stuff and talk about them some. We are
bound to learn something, I figure. Everyone gets some raw data to make of
what they wish, no one has to compromise or meet anyone else's definition of
what a good iris is, or pick from someone else's list or whatever. We are
each bound to hear names we never heard.....and surely some things will pop
up on more than one list,which would be interesting, too.....and some real
troopers would get the recognition they deserve .... novices would hear
useful stuff....

<< So our symposium is not a static document - but a living organism!!!  >>

Exactly, Our Borer.

There are over 300 folks on the list, people from all over the world. What a
wealth of diverse information about all kinds of irises we could get in here
to play with. The ones we've seen so far are fascinating and it does not take
that long to crank out a little list.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com