Re: HYB: Planning Crosses

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>Not likely at my age.  However, I am interested in having fun with the
>crosses.  I just had a bit of trouble carrying out my plans due to the lack
>of bloom, different bloom times, no pollen about the middle of bloom
>season (weather related maybe?) and probably the biggest factor being
>inexperience in the process.  But then I did end up with all those seeds
>using SATAN'S MISTRESS when I didn't expect anything at all and those
>would be less than 1/4 aril and it would be nice to transfer that colorfast
>quality to a good brown or red.  Not to mention the depth of color it
>displays.  So far those in that color range tend get washed out in our
>sun.

Donald, SATAN'S MISTRESS has proved to be a highly fertile parent for me
both ways (pod & pollen).  I just finished planting my seeds and she sure
appeared in quite a number of my crosses!  I'll let you know in 2 or 3
years how it turns out.  <g!>

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html