Re: REF: Symposium Ballot

From:	Jim Wilson <wilsonjh@one.net>

I did not find this to be an easy little list to crank out at all.
I am grateful for the 30 option, and I still would find it a challenge
to justify these choices over the last 30 I elminated; I had to
leave out great stuff--I like BBs a lot, really I do.

I live in zone 6a, very close to 5, actually within 30 miles
of John Bruce and Dennis Kramb, and I notice that their lists
and mine have very little in common.  My unamended soil tends
toward neutral, which is common around here, but John seems
to have found some acidity.  Probably our preferences are a
bigger factor in accounting for the differences.

	Chanted (SDB)
	Little Showoff (SDB)
	Velvatine (SDB, overlooked good grower, sometimes
	branched, velvety texture)
	Maui Moonlight (IB)
	Shooting Sparks (IB)
	Crystal Ruffles (MTB)
	Little Clown (can be a little big for an MTB, but a
	great-looking garden plant anyway)
	Mystic Glow (MTB)
	Ozark Sky (MTB)
	Petite Monet (MTB)
	Reminiscence (MTB)
	Dusky Challenger (TB)
	Early Light (TB)
	Juris Prudence (TB)
	Oregon Skies (TB)
	Quaker Lady (TB)
	Special Feature (TB)
	Vanity (TB)
	Caesar's Brother (SIB)
	Cleve Dodge (SIB.  There's some uncertainty about
	whether Pansy Purple plants were once mistakenly
	labelled Cleve Dodge or vice versa or not, but I'm
	calling mine this for now.)
	Esther CDM (SIB)
	Lavender Stipples (SIB)
	I. siberica 'Nana Alba' (SIB)
	Crystal Halo (JI)
	Georgian Delicacy (SPU)
	I. graminea (SPU)
	I. lactea 'Illini Fountain' (SPEC)
	the unregistered I. pseudacorus or I. pseudacorus hybrid
	variety which has been sold in the nursery trade as 'Rising
	Sun'   (SPEC, excellent upright multicolor green foliage)
	I. versicolor 'Mint Fresh' (SPEC)
	I. cristata (SPEC)

Jim Wilson, Oxford, Ohio, USDA Zone 6a, AIS garden judge, Region 6
growing medians, TBs, Siberians, JIs, and a few SPU and species