Re: Bloom in Australia

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>I thought I'd note down which varieties of TB's were still in bloom here in
>the top NW corner of Victoria to post here.

Much the same here Dianne, although some you mention, I don't have. JANE
PHILIPS, ELISABETH NOBLE, PALLIDA, the one I call HELEN COLLINGWOOD, and the
one that is supposed to be WABASH, ELEANOR'S PRIDE(that's all my oldies)
Most of my blacks: SUPERSTITION, DARK SIDE, TITAN'S GLORY, a lovely black
thing from Suzanne Kelly, which was supposed to be ROYAL HONEY,(I've taken a
photo to send to her - hopeful for a name)
BAHLOO, CROSS CURRENT, GODDESS, ALPINE REGION, CLASSIC LOOK, WITCHES WAND,
WITCHES SABBATH, BURGUNDY BUBBLES, SKAITING PARTY, AMERICA's CUP, etc. etc.
also a late little bloom from a Barry Blyth dwarf MOODY HUES which I crossed
with HONKY TONK BLUES which is also still in  bloom.
Like you, that's just a smattering. It's great to have had such a lovely
long bloom season this year. I think the weather will change now, and I made
sure I burnt our last pile of twigs, gum leaves, etc this morning, while the
weather was cool and calm. Now we get on with the mowing, raking, watering
and worrying. Mabe we will have a mild enough summer for some rebloom?

>I had not been to Melbourne for an Iris Show in years and had >expected
>much more than what we saw. It is simply too far away for >we country
>exhibitors to compete which probably makes the iris >sections at country
>shows so very successful.

I had never been before, so didn't have a clue what to expect. There was no
way I could have taken blooms and been in Melbourne between 8 and 9a.m. on
the day we changed to daylight savings. I had to wait up until 1.00am the
night before to collect teenagers from the bus, after their trip to the
Woodend 'Battle of the Bands'. I like my sleep.
(I think my ROSETTA WINE would have won the day <grin>)
Sorry I missed you at the iris show, Dianne, but I headed home before the
bus loads arrived.
Cheers, Jan Clark