TB: First rz. package

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Hi all,
Which is more exciting each year? The first iris bloom, or the first package
of new iris rz's arriving in the post?
Today I got my first package for the year! Whoo-hoo.
It was from Graeme Grosvenor, and included a huge rz of LAVENDER PARK, and
an even huger rz of RUSTLE OF SPRING. the latter is doing well in the test
garden, and is a gorgeous looking y2000 intro. from RUSTLER X BOGOTA. It had
2 fat, almost detatched increases, which I potted up seperately. He also
threw in MUST UNITE, a big purple (HOLY NIGHT X LARRY GAULTER) y2000 intro.
With these was a collection of 8, with some fairly recent Grosvenor intro's
and some 'Beatle's' irises (ABBEY ROAD, REVOLUTION)The only one I already
had was EPICENTRE, which is malingering, so I hope my big new rz gets away
to a good start.
I have potted up everything this morning and the 13 rz's filled 19 pots, by
the time I pinched a few fat increases from the sides of some. In the past I
have often lost these increase if left on the parent rz, and I usually have
good success with these little side growths.
I should be cleaning the house for piano exams on Wednesday, so must go.
Cheers, Jan clark