TB: Vanity--Bud Count?

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

One of the frequently mentioned favorite TB iris is Vanity.

I certainly agree. I have loved her since the first time I saw her.

I have long thought that the worst thing you can do with another pink is
to plant it next to her. Some thing that had seemed a pure pink becomes
outrageously salmon.

I still can't figure out how Vanity can be a pink that seems bluish and
avoid any appearance of purple or lavender. "It baffles science."

I understand Vanity's popularity. I look forward to her surpassing her
more famous daughter in the Symposium.

But I do have a question. For me she is uaually low on bud count. Five
seems typical. Does she have more blooms in other climes, or do the rest
of you overlook this one deficiency as I do?

Gerry
--
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair