Re: AIS BULLETIN & SYMPOSIUM BALLOT

My AIS Bulletin arrived Nov. 9th in Glendale, AZ.

I must say, that even had it arrived TODAY, it is not really THAT late, relatively speaking.

For a group of people who must have a lot of patience to be able to grow and or hybridize irises, since it takes so long to see blooms and seedlings, there sure seems to be a lot of impatience when it comes to seeing the quarterly bulletin.

Mistakes happen...delays occur...its a fact of life.  Please be kind to those responsible for producing this wonderful bulletin. They have invested a lot of time and energy into it, and could easily get discouraged if they receive negative feedback with little or no understanding.

Personally, I would rather the publication go out a little late, than to be incorrect.  I would rather receive the bulletin looking as professional as possible than to get a half-fast job just so that it would be received "on time".

I want to thank all those involved in producing this publication - for it IS appreciated.  I also LOVE the new binding.

As for the Symposium Ballot, I think it was wise to redo it.  I do feel sorry for the person who was working up the Ballot, for his name has been published for everyone in AIS to read when explaining the details for the revision. As someone who was new to this job, I hope this does not discourage him.

Patrick Orr - patiently waiting for the January 2000 AIS Bulletin to come out.