RE:FAVORITES

From: DANAEAGLES@aol.com

I know it's been a long time since a lot of you have heard from me.  It's
great to be back in the iris groove again.  My life took an abrupt change and
God sent me down a different path for awhile, but my love of irises has never
diminished.  I still have a large iris garden and grow as many different
varieties as the long, hot Texas summers will allow.

I was prompted to send my favorites list in by Ann's request, so here goes:

LADY FRIEND TB: my all-time favorite, color is outstanding & holds up to
Texas heat & grows like a weed
GEM STAR SDB:  great little one in this Texas heat
FIRESTORM SDB:  color outstanding and increases so much each year that I
almost have to re-dig yearly
COLOR FOCUS SP:  spurias all do well here in texas, this one's color is
outstanding
FORTY CARATS SP:  this yellow calls to you from across the garden
DOROTHEA K. WILLIAMS LA: la's do well as long as you keep mulched, this one I
think could grow in the desert
DELTA STAR LA:  the deep dark color withstands Texas heat
MAC'S BLUE HEAVEN LA:  always good for a blue ribbon & great garden performer
as well
JUST HELENE LA:  the unusual color on this iris was the original draw and
it's garden performance is what keeps it on my favorites list
HOLDEN CLOUGH:  my favorite pond iris...i have this growing in pond  up to
rim and also alongside of pond...does excellent in both types of growing
condition
CAESAR'S BROTHER SIB: it's all been said before...I see that this sib will
grow in just about any climate, including Texas...I do have to simulate bog
conditions, mulch & keep well watered
SHAKER'S PRAYER SIB:  grows right next to CAESAR
NEON TROLL SDB:  yellow color is vibrant and it is always covered in bloom,
looks like a bouquet in the garden and never blooms out
CALLING CARD:  from the first time i saw this iris at the Ft Worth conv, i
liked it...this iris has never let me down
ORANGE PETALS BB:  one of the best oranges in the garden...i think the Texas
heat intensifies it's color
BABY BENGAL: much improved coloration over it's big cousin
NIGHT RULER TB:  this Schriener iris keeps it's darkness in the heat and the
rhizome is always one of the biggest grwon in my garden
SECOND WIND TB RE:  my favorite re-bloomer...i have too many irises to pamper
them into re-bloom, however this one is almost a continuous bloomer during
warm weather....it's blooming right now fro me...has three blooms
BONUS MAMA TB RE:  another re that will be consistent for me
BRASSY BROAD TB:  the color is to die for....says "come look at me"
GENTLE SHEPHERD TB:  Another blue ribbon iris winner! can be a real Queen on
the table & an excellent specimen in the garden
ATYS TB:  the color takes my breath away
BOOGIE WOOGIE TB:  I have always looked for the unusual & this is it, good
grower, too
ROCK STAR TB SA:  small blooms, but OH soooo many....
CELESTIAL SNOW TB HIST: diamond dusted white that stills glistens in my garden
CHAPEAU TB HIST: still a great garden iris

Now let me give you two more....sure they may have there flaws - but my
garden will never be without them....

WILLIAM SETCHELL TB HIST: