From: Suncitymom@aol.com

  Not to many people from hot country have sent lists. Texas is close to our
heat here in Arizona so have been watching their list for possible new Irises
to add to my ever growing beds. Here are the best I have right now.
Made more purchases this year then my husband knows about, so will have
larger list next year.

My Irises are grown in a cage made of post and chicken wire and are in part
of the Sun City Agricultural club. I have shade cloth over most of the cage
and along the side to prevent wind damage during dust storm also called AZ

Have a small green house made of old patio doors. People in Sun City when
they remodeling replace the patio doors with French doors or remove them all
together. The small contractors then haul them to the dump and have to pay a
fee of $35-$50 and so are very happy when someone is will to take them off
their hands. Keep my garden compost pile at one end which provides heat in
the spring to bring on late bloomers a little earlier for our show which is
about Easter time.

Olympic Pink (Gibson 85 ) has the most increases 13 this year
Well Endowed (Ghio 78 ) had 10 increase this year
Immortality (Zurbrigg 82 ) is always among the first to bloom
White Lighting (Gatty 73 ) a great favorite with everyone that visits my
Northwest Progress (Schreiners 97 ) catches a lot of attention
Mother Earth ( Hager 87 ) had a lot of increases
Jennifer Rebecca (Zurbrigg 84 )
Mary Frances ( Gaulter 71 )
Prissy Miss ( Gaulter 83 )
Earl of Essex (Zurbrigg 73)

There are a lot more but these are the best.

  Started medians this year also Historics and Arilbreds.The Historics are
amazing for their stamina. They have not been in the ground to long but are
coming on like gang busters.
  The Arilbreds are just starting to show good. Will be very interesting next
  The Medians are a new addition and may not hold up well in our desert heat
but we'll see. Being in the cage with shade cloth should help.
  So next year I'll have a lot long list as you see.
  The commercial growers were very generous to me this year also. So spring
is going to be a lot of fun, can't wait

Joyce Poling Secretary
Sun Country Iris Society
Phoenix, AZ.