Re: CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Greetings,

I asked Clarence Mahan, currently President of AIS, if he would like to
contribute a list of favorite performers for our subjective little survey. He
has responded with a list of 25 TBs, and also a list of 25 SIBs. Several of
the irises he mentions are historics!

As I've said before, I have found that Clarence knows a good iris, and I pay
close attention when he speaks on the topic. He lives and gardens just
outside DC on the Virginia side of the Potomac.

Anner Whitehead, HIPSource@aol.com

Harken, here are Clarence' s lists.

Anner, I will give you 25 great TBs:

SHIPSHAPE
VANITY
JESSE'S SONG
WAR CHIEF
CLARENCE
SUKY
ROSALIE FIGGE
I DO
LADY FRIEND
LIMELIGHTER
POINT MADE
MME HENRI CAYEUX
VIRGINIA MOORE
DUSKY CHALLENGER
GENTLE RAIN
DOVER BEACH
AMERICA'S CUP
ENTOURAGE
LACED COTTON
MY KATIE
LITTLE JOHN
CORN HARVEST
THORNBIRD
FEED BACK
CUP RACE

These 25 grow wonderfully here.  They always perform.  They never fall over
(well, maybe DUSKY CHALLENGER from time to time).  Great irises.

My 25 favorite Siberians:

HIGH STANDARDS
PINK HAZE
FAIRY FINGERS