Re: Favorites

From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>

Hi Folks,

Well our La. bloom season is almost at a close down here in Sydney.

I thought I might add my "two cents worth" to the discussion about favourite
iris.  As this is such a subjective listing I am feeling pretty happy to
buck the status quo and add a few La.'s to the listing.  Well, here they are
in no particular order:

TB. AZURE ANGEL - it copes with the summer humidity really well and puts on
a good show every year.

TB. WEDDING VOW - still one of my favourites.  Bernard and I were given a
rhizome of this when we first joined the ISA and it is still going strong
after nearly 18 years.  It's got my vote!

TB BAHLOO - that bright sulphur yellow is a real knockout in spring.  It
seems to grow everywhere here with ease.  A great addition to any garden.

LA. LUCY PAYENS - a great performer and a welcome herald of iris season.
Love that variegata colour scheme!

LA. FOR DAD - a sunny yellow reblooming variety that gives a lot of cheer in
spring and autumn.

LA. CATWALK IDOL - a new one with lovely form and a rich colour.

LA. LA STUPENDA - a lovely soft rosy pink with great growth, lovely flowers
and gives a great effect in the garden.

I have others that I love too, but these are really the "cream" for me.

Heather Pryor
Sydney. Land of Oz.