Re: CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

From: Irisacher@aol.com

In a message dated 11/15/99 10:57:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Patsiris@aol.com writes:

<< I also grow and love Striped Butterfly.   I have had it so long, I don't
 remember where I got it  Can anyone tell me if it has any Aril blood in it's
 history?   To me it looks like it. >>

Yup; to quote from Sharon McAllister's incredible "Comprehensive Checklist of
Aril and Arilbred Irises" (records thru 1996) :  "1/8 onco, qualified as an
arilbred until the quantum requirement was adopted."  It is one of the
"disenrolled" arilbreds.

P.S.  This 196+ page book will be available from the Historic Iris
Preservation Society as soon as the Publications Director gets off her duff
and has it reproduced again.  Copies on hand were snapped up at the National.
 It is a treasure trove of aril and arilbred genealogy.

Dorothy Stiefel
IrisAcher@aol.com
HIPS Publications Director