Re: RE:FAVORITES

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

    Ok, I have given a great  deal of thought to this and have finally
winnowed my list down to 30 favorites.  Not all of these are great
growers, not all of them are beautiful but they are some of my
favorites.
    Acey Deucy - SDB - I just love the color on this amoena, thick and
rich.
    Batik - BB - Wild and crazy, grows like a weed, wins at the shows,
whats not to like?
    Boss Tweed - TB - show stalks, huge clumps, reliable
    Bountiful Harvest - TB - a beautiful, well branched, reliable
rebloomer
    Bumblebee Deelight - TB - wonderful MTB, very fertile
    Capricious - TB - wonderful soft plicata
    Crafty Lady - BB - a very exciting color pattern, very distinctive
    Demi-Deuil - MTB - fabulous old timer
    Dragon Song - TB - I like the name, I love the colors, grows like a
weed
    Eastertime - TB - not reliable here but when it's hot it is
outstanding!!
    English Eyes - AB - I like the Aril-bred so well I lined out about 8
of them!!
    Gemstar - SDB - reminds me of a star sapphire!!
    Handshake - TB - very interesting blue plicata
    Into the Night - TB - I had to be careful not to load this list with
blacks, but this one had to go on the list
    It's Magic - TB - what a wonderful space ager!  Ruffles, color, and
horns!
    Kalifa's Horn - AB - weird and I like it!
    Kid Creek - SDB - vastly overlooked little guy, I love this color
    Lioness - TB - yellow and dark gold plicata - pretty
    Loud Mouth - AB - such a cute little guy, love the veins
    Outrageous Fortune - TB - probably my all time favorite TB
    Oyez - AB - more of those wonderful stripes
    Painted Hills - IB - I just like it!
    Rhythm - TB - this is a wonderful flat iris - bright colors
    Sailor - IB - exciting, interesting, a plicata!
    Spiced Tiger - TB - love those color breakers and this one in
particular
    Spirit World - TB - I know, I know, it has problems, but the
color!!!
    Stop the Music - TB - my favorite "red" plicata
    Superstition - TB - possibly the best black...still
    Tennessee Gentleman - TB - yellow ground plicata, just can't pass it
up
    Texas Glory - large, laced, ruffled, bright gold and red color

    As a side bar here I noticed that 30% of this list are medians,  15%
of this list are AB's and 55% are TB's.  My garden is composed of 27%
medians, 4% AB's and 59% TB's.  Pretty close there?!

--
mailto:ddbro@llano.net
Dana Brown