Re: CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

I live in Albuquerque, NM. High mesa county. Its hard to tell what our real zone is. I've read zone charts that put me in Zone 5, Zone 6, or Zone 7. Our temperture can fluctuate 60 degrees in a 24 hour period with some nasty wind. The elevation of my yard is near 6000 feet. so the sun can be brutal. Today it was 68 degrees with low of 40. My soil is hard clay so I grow all my iris in raised beds with lots of compost, gypsum, and pumice. The soil is alkiline so the arils like it, but we can lose them to late spring freezes, but despite unpredicable weather this is the Land of Enchantment. Ask any New Mexican.

All my babies are my favorites, but the 25 listed are monster growers and have a long bloom period here.

TB: Celebration Song,  Schreiner, 93,  apricot pink/blue lav tang. brds

        Gold Galore,  Schreiner, 78, gold self

        Latin Hideaway, Nichols, 86,  Lav/Red rimmed lav