Re: AIS: Saying What Needs to Be Said

From: Christa Royer <croyer@fastrans.net>

HIPSource@aol.com wrote:

> From: HIPSource@aol.com
> In a message dated 11/15/99 12:44:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> wstone@volcano.net writes:
> << would like to thank all the volunteers both Past and Present. >>
> Bill is right. I think this is so important.
> All over the organization and its sections and local chapters there are folks
> beavering on to make things work. Most of the chores are not glamorous, many
> are done out of the spotlight, and most people don't do them in a spirit of
> self-promotion. Often there is a good deal of tedium involved, and biting of
> the tongue when drones whine, but people keep on beavering. They do it from
> the love of irises, from the wish to contribute to the education of others,
> from the need to make the organization something they are proud to be
> associated with, and sometimes because no one else will do the wretched task
> and it has to be done and done well. It takes very little effort to say
> thanks to people, to let them know you know they are working hard, and that
> you respect their industry and efforts.

Dear Anner and Bill,
    Thank you and all the others who have spoken up in favor of patience and
forbearance with regards to the Bulletin and other volunteer  jobs. Deadlines are
important. However the ones who volunteer often have other lives beside iris.
Most of the officers, directors and vp's ect.  have full time jobs that must take
precedence. We ARE very fortunate to have such devoted people working for us.
Christa Royer
St. Louis Mo
zone 5