Although a lot lighter blue than any picture I have seen in any catalog, BREAKERS (Schreiner) has always performed with perfect grace here in Phoenix for me during the past 10 years of growing it. I have grown this cultivar in pure clay (caleche) soil, pure potting soil in pots, as well as light loamy sandy soil, and this variety never fails to bloom.  Of course, when it was in light loamy sandy soil, it performed the best.  From one rhizome being planted in fall last year I received two bloom stalks this past spring.  The blooms are light blue, but have a shimmering look to them. A little bunchy, but otherwise nice bloom sequence and long lasting large flowers.  Breakers tolerates extreme heat, and poor soil.
Patrick Orr
Phoenix, Arizona
Zone 9