Re: CULT: BLACK GAMECOCK

From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

>From: Irisborer@aol.com
>
><< BLACK GAMECOCK: Sultry, exotic, and tough as nails. Doesn't need as much
> water as you might think! >>
>
>Quite a few lists have contained this iris and I'd just like to add that it
>grows great at the Stately Guest Estates as well.   In our quest to identify
>a few irises that grow virtually anywhere - BGC is certainly one to keep in
>mind.

 I was sent a start of it, which was potted and placed with my other
iris, but had to move it to an area that was lightly shaded. Not only
did it grow, but started new shoots too. Then in sept. as the sun
moved, one day a bright patch of full sun hit it for about 1/2 the
day. It was a good 95+F day too. What I found the next day was
something that looked like it had been in a mircowave oven for an
hour.

Exit one Iris from the High Desert.

The Lone Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond.