Re: SPEC: Iris tectorum

From: BigAlligator@aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/99 11:12:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, MARKM@tc.gc.ca
writes:

<< I. tectorum does fine here in zone 4.  Great foliage through the summer.
 We've had the blue/purple form for about four years.  I think Sandy has a
 start of the alba -- it's not supposed to be as hardy so we shall see. >>

Anner,
     The common form was perfectly hardy in Zone 5/6 Lexington, KY, late
freezes and all.  I sent some to Ellen before I moved, and I think it has
survived to winters up there in New Hampshire.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida      [WINTERLAND has 2 open blooms]