SIB:Reb:Wine Wings

From: "Dan & Marilyn Mason" <dmason@rainyriver.lakeheadu.ca>

Nov. 16, Anner wrote:

<When does the repeat [bloom on Wine Wings] occurr as a general
rule?>
--------------------

The one major occurance of rebloom on Wine Wings occurred in a
prolonged dry spell, the summer following my loss of most of my
Sibs growing in a sunny exposed position. I began watering the
clumps in late June and July in efforts to keep them going. The
two clumps of Wine Wings kept sending up a few blossoms at a time
so that there was always some bloom for an extra month beyond
their average bloom time. (They kept blooming through the end of
July.) Otherwise, the most their repeat blooming amounted to were
several blossoms shortly after I thought the bloom was over.

Dan Mason  zone 3, NW Ontario
(Where now only a few small flowered pansies still have blossoms
open.)