CULT: Pigmentation and Hardiness

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/99 11:25:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
carrylm@bigsky.net writes:

<< Generally, pinks do not survive here--the exceptions are Pink Boa, Pink
 Kitten, Ovation and a few of the older ones--even Pink 'n Mint is struggling
 and probably will not make it through this winter-- >>

I keep wondering if hardiness has anything to do with saturated pigment in
the bloom. I know it is all genetics and as such has been subjected to a
century of being in the hybridizing Cuisinart, as it were, and some pigments
come from some species that are hardier, but I just keep wondering there is
any anecdotal support for the notion that dark ones are hardier than light
ones in the bearded stuff.... is this something everyone takes for granted
but I'm just figuring out....?

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com