AIS:Symposium Ballot

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 11/15/1999 5:22:54 PM Central Standard Time,
DWiris@aol.com writes: (Actually Anner's words.)

<< << If you mean a list of your best growers, post it here.
  please. We  want to see what does exceptionally well for folks here and
 there >> >>

Listers, All--

For me, there can be a big difference between my favorite irises and those
that grow well here or anywhere. If giving a list of my FAVORITE irises, I
would not guarantee they would grow well in any area, my own included.  I am,
alas, easily attracted to a pretty face!  In addition, I have color and form
preferences.  (I still think ORANGE STAR is one of the prettiest irises I've
ever seen, unfortunately, it didn't/doesn't grow well much of anywhere--and
how about that PROUD TRADITION?).

Also, I am swayed by what is blooming.  For instance, I'm currently in love
with RETURNING CHAMELEON (Outstanding!) and a couple of seedlings.

But mainly, I like bitone blues (the first iris I saw as a mere teenager was
this color combination), oranges, variegates, and deep tones of black, red,
and brown.  I would throw in a token vote for a few others like VANITY,
SKATING PARTY & LACED COTTON.  Oh, gee!  There I go again.  Lead astray by
pretty faces!  Did I mention EN GARDE & PRETTY WOMAN?

Betty from Bowling Green, KY
(who will probably do an entire list of favorites if someone doesn't stop me)!