CULT: Irises in Florida.

<< Anner,
      So far, all the Louisianas I have tried with the exception of CAJUN
SUNRISE have done well here.  The demise of CAJUN SUNRISE was due to some
varmit that ate up the roots.  The Louisiana Iris species appear to be fine,
except for Iris brevicaulis which I may have lost.  The space will remain
undisturbed until spring to make sure of that.
      Also, after transplanting them into kiddie pools, Iris pseudacorus,
Iris virginica, and Iris tridentata are all looking good.  I have one TB Iris
growing in pots.  That Iris is WINTERLAND, and it is blooming now.  I will
keep you posted on how it does here.
      A few days ago, I found a couple surviving shoots of the Spuria Iris
ILA CRAWFORD.  It was a good one in Kentucky, but didn't like Florida.  These
surviving pieces have been potted, so it will be interesting to see what they
do, if anything.

 Mark A. Cook
 BigAlligator@aol.com
 Dunnellon, Florida     [USDA Zone 8b] >>