Re: PCNs

From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>

Iris tenax is supposed to be the most northerly of the Pacific Coast Natives. It looks like its
range does not extend beyond zone 7, but if it grows in the mountains it may actually be exposed
to colder temperatures. I have some I'm growing from seed. They germinated quite well. I
hope to get blooms next spring; the ones I've seen at the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens
are quite pretty.

Ken Walker
Concord, CA  USDA zone 9