Re: CULT: Iris Borer

From: DWiris@aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/99 11:44:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com writes:

<< This one was similar in appearance, except for the color.  Instead of
being pinkish-white, this one was clearly a dark grey color, with a black
head.  I might even go so far as to say it was grey with slight green, and
the body was not as segmented as the picture in the book - for it was more
smooth.  >>

Hi Patrick,

That sounds like a nasty critter you found, but the description doesn't match
any iris borers I have seen, and I have seen hundreds.  It does seem probable
that it hatched from an egg, but I couldn't begin to guess what it is.

Dorothy Willott