Re: CULT: Iris Borer

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Patrick, it sounds like a cutworm to me. They are related to iris borers and
meet your description. I can tell you from first hand experience that they
will indeed attack a fan at the ground line and eat through, or try to. I
cannot confirm that they will eat into the rhizome since I've only had a few
and I found them while they were still noshing above ground. I don't seem to
have a lot naturally. They have without exception shown up on an iris that
was planted within the past couple of months and was received from another
locale.

Get the ag guys to look at it. And please let us know what you find out.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com