Re: PCNs

From: Mike00Rita@aol.com

Yes, Ken,
        Tenex will grow up in the mountains and does naturally fairly close
to Mt. Rainier. It grows along I-5 in WA State as far north as Centralia,WA.
then it goes east and west from there. Colin Rigby thinks it has more to do
with the soil than the temp. I live about 60 miles north of there and it
reseeds readily. Growing from seed does seem to be the most reliable way to
get PCN to grow in unknown or difficult areas. Luella Danialson who lives in
New Mexico did grow them in a shaded situation. I don't know if she still
does but she has also said she has an Aril which even in her high desert
situation she hangs on the fence during the summer to make sure it stays hot
and dry enough. Some people will try any type iris just for the trial and

Rita B
zone 7/8  Western WA
F 54 and partly sunny today