CULT: favorites

Here's my list from South Australia
It'll probably be different next year but for now
TB
ABOUT TOWN (a recent Blyth) lavender stds, purple falls, heavily ruffled, the ultimate "fluffy iris" and my husbands favorite, very fertile, good grower
ALTRUIST Love the substance, form and colour
BAHLOO (Caldwell-Aust) the brightest clearest yellow without a trace of gold, regular rebloomer also.
BINALONG (Nilsen-Aust) Rich brown stds, Rich chocolate-red falls
CELEBRATION SONG good grower and heavy bloomer
CONJURATION for absolutely perfect bud placement on every stem
FAIR DINKUM I adore sky blue irises (also Goolgumbla and Penchant)
FLAT RATE love the rich purple colour and JI form, wish it would increase faster.
FROSTING I'm a sucker for Gatty irises, such a lovely blend of pastel tonings and a good grower
FOUNDATION VAN GOGH (Anfosso-Fr) White stds pink-apricot falls
HOSTESS ROYALE (Blyth-Aust) Good huge grower, Apricot-orange with flash of white.
PAPUNYA (Nilsen-Aust) Glowing dark red with a flash of gold around the gold beards. My eyes popped the first time it flowered.
PEMCAW (Harding-Aust) Later white, pristine, perfectly ruffled.
OLYMPARICO creamy white, flowers at least a month before anything else and sometimes again in mid season.
SWEET DELIGHT (Blyth-Aust) Perfect peach apricot not the fastest increaser unfortunately
SUNDAY PUNCH red-black oldie that hold its own.
TEMPTONE (Grosvenor-Aust) Won the Aust Dykes. Perfect huge form and substance, deep blue-purple. My only complaint is it flowers all at once, but what fabulous show while its out. Good grower.
YAQUINNA BLUE Superb blue and rampant grower and long bloom season.
WHITE LIGHTNING. I adore those big yellow beards on pure white, one of the first to flower.

MB
ASK ALMA very long blooming orange
SILENT STRINGS Sky blue again

LA
DURAL DREAMTIME (Taylor-Aust) ruffled cream
EOLIAN Sky blue again, beautiful big simple flowers,
JACARANDA LAD (Pryor-Aust) Heavily ruffled rich lavender blue with pinkish style arms.

I Cristata

We grow about 650 TB and about 1000 irises in total in a climate somewhere between USA zones 7-8
Frosty winters, very hot dry summers, 35inches rain, mostly May-Sept, pH6 sandy loam.
 Looking back over the list it's surprised me just how many are Aust bred.

Colleen Modra