Re: TB: BLAZING SUNRISE

From: GardnrJan1@aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/99 11:37:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
HIPSource@aol.com writes:

<< Janet, you got any increase coming along on that thing?

 Anner Whitehead
 HIPSource@aol.com >>
Anner,
     Believe it or not, two that look almost blooming size and one smaller
one.   And possibly an itty bitty I see coming from the side of one of the
almost blooming size ones.   THats the reason I used it twice to cross with
the only two other iris I had blooming at the time,  as pod parent with War
Chief the dad, then WILD JASMINE X BLAZING SUNRISE.     First year increase
was 7, and I forgot to note that two of those stalks the following spring had
only one flower each on them, the third stalk had two flowers.   So it
wouldn't win any bud count prizes, but that was the first year of bloom so
we'll see how it performs next year.

Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC where its brrrrr..(well, for down here anyway)  37 now, calling
for low 30's tonight!!