Re: CULT: BLACK GAMECOCK

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: Irisborer@aol.com
>
>In a message dated 11/16/1999 3:31:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>hensler@povn.com writes:
>
><< BLACK GAMECOCK: Sultry, exotic, and tough as nails. Doesn't need as much
> water as you might think! >>
>
>Quite a few lists have contained this iris and I'd just like to add that it
>grows great at the Stately Guest Estates as well.   In our quest to identify
>a few irises that grow virtually anywhere - BGC is certainly one to keep in
>mind.

When I tried growing Louisianas in above ground pots last year, BLACK
GAMECOCK was the only one that didn't croak (oops, on 2nd thought LAURA
LOUISE didn't croak either).  At any rate, BLACK GAMECOCK is definitely
quite cold hardy.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html