Re: AIS: Symposium and Favorites

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Walter asks,

>Has anybody kept score of how many of our favorites are actually
>on the current AIS Symposium Ballot?  I cannot remember seeing
>on the screen very many of those I saw in print.  Also, how many
>Dykes have been mentioned as favorites?

Not me yet.  I surely hope there are a number of multiple votes for
the same iris, or else I'll be imputing data most of the winter just to
obtain a simple list :).  My own plan is just to enter basic data and
sort, but save the printouts so selected details can be added later.
It seemed that just to compile the list by name, type and region
would be the fastest method of organizing, then I could sort however
it suited me.  If I never get around to adding particular data, I can
always search the archives and find specific comments.  Probably
even earlier and later comments than those from this list and that
might be nice.  Was it Emerson or Thoreau who said " Simplify,
simplify, simplify"?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7