Re: coca cola

From: Gmbeasle@aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/1999 10:38:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Gmbeasle@aol.com writes:

> GardnrJan1@aol.com writes:
>  >  <<  was talking to a fellow gardener the other day, he said; he read
somewhere
>  >   that coca cola was good for activating a compost pile and causes rapid
>  > break
>  >   down of organic material.  Has anyone else ever heard of this? >>
>  >
>  >      Heard it causes rapid breakdown of paint on cars...why not compost?
>
>  In 1963, it was recommended to me for freeing the pistons and valves on an
>  engine that had frozen.  I think it is mildly acidic.(phosphoric?), and
also

>  being carbonated makes it a little more active.  Don't know that it would
>  have the effect mentioned though.
>
>  RosalieAnn Beasley (daughter to Rosalie Figge)

Found this in a humor newsgroup
Just when you thought you knew everything.......

To clean a toilet:  Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl.  Let the
"real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.  The citric acid in Coke
removes stains  from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a
crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the
rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap
the ham in aluminium foil, and bake.  Thirty minutes before the ham is
finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a
sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes:  Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy
clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle.  The Coca-Cola
will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from your windshield.  AND WE DRINK THIS
STUFF!!

RosalieAnn