Limiting it to 25 is next to impossible but I will give it a shot.
1. ABIDING JOY - dominates the garden, has been impeccable for the
last six years.
2. DUSKY CHALLENGER - enough said about this one already
3. JESSE'S SONG - Always a favorite
4. YAQUINA BLUE - great grower, great flower, always blooms.
5. MIDNIGHT OIL - Has performed well for the last three years, best
black around (IMHO)
6. AMERICAN EAGLE - Even without appendages this would be up
here, an improved Silverado.
7. HEARTBREAK HOTEL - Great color, lacing form etc. Much
improved Celebration Song, very graceful.
8. STEPPING OUT - So far ahead of its time that it still stops garden
9. TRAJECTORY - Color combo.
10. THUNDERBALL - another dominating iris, commands your
11. TENNISON RIDGE - Vivid contrasting color
12. BATIK - great color pattern, a little too big for a border.
13. BYE BYE BLUES - unique
14. DIABOLIQUE - a new comer but really
15. SUPERSTITION - always a grower and bloomer.
16. ROSALIE FIGGE - see comment on #14
17. UNICORN - historically significant to me
18. LADY FRIEND
19. THIN BLUE LINE - not many of you will know this one yet, but it's
a great flower with good growth, branching bud count, form and stripes.
20. FLIGHTS OF FANCY - most vigorous and floriferous >sp< of
21. EARTH SONG - I agree with Kathy (I think it was Kathy G.) nicer
than Edith Wolford.
22. FATHOM - great form
24. HIGH POINT - what color!
25. PRINCESS CAROLINE de MONACO - different flavor than the US iris,
but great color and presence.
This was tough and I left out about 50 more great ones, but I guess you
have to draw the line somewhere. A lot of my favorites are ones I use for