Re: CULT: The Very Best of Our Best

Limiting it to 25 is next to impossible but I will give it a shot.

1.  ABIDING JOY - dominates the garden, has been impeccable for the last six years.
2.  DUSKY CHALLENGER - enough said about this one already
3.  JESSE'S SONG - Always a favorite
4.  YAQUINA BLUE - great grower, great flower, always blooms.
5.  MIDNIGHT OIL - Has performed well for the last three years, best black around (IMHO)
6.  AMERICAN EAGLE - Even without appendages this would be up here,  an improved Silverado.
7.  HEARTBREAK HOTEL -  Great color, lacing form etc.  Much improved Celebration Song, very graceful.
8.  STEPPING OUT - So far ahead of its time that it still stops garden visitors.
9.  TRAJECTORY - Color combo.
10.  THUNDERBALL - another dominating iris, commands your attention
11. TENNISON RIDGE - Vivid contrasting color
12.  BATIK - great color pattern, a little too big for a border.
13.  BYE BYE BLUES - unique
14.  DIABOLIQUE - a new comer but really proving itself.
15.  SUPERSTITION - always a grower and bloomer.
16.  ROSALIE FIGGE - see comment on #14
17.  UNICORN - historically significant to me
18.  LADY FRIEND
19.  THIN BLUE LINE - not many of you will know this one yet, but it's a great flower with good growth, branching bud count, form and stripes.
20.  FLIGHTS OF FANCY - most vigorous and floriferous >sp< of the lumiatas
21.  EARTH SONG - I agree with Kathy (I think it was Kathy G.) nicer than Edith Wolford.
22.  FATHOM - great form
23.  CHANTED
24.  HIGH POINT - what color!
25.  PRINCESS CAROLINE de MONACO - different flavor than the US iris, but great color and presence.

This was tough and I left out about 50 more great ones, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.  A lot of my favorites are ones I use for hybridizing.