Re: need some descriptions

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

>From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
>I'd like some descriptive material on the following TB varieties--prefer it
>from those who might be growing them.
>'Silver Dividends'
>'Violet Music'
>'Lady Essex'
>'Autumn Tryst'
>Bill Shear
>Department of Biology
>Hampden-Sydney College
>Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
Dear Bill:  SILVER DIVIDENDS is a silvery white, very well-formed, large
and with good branching. It did well in the Fall Shows in Washington and
Baltimore areas this fall.  LADY ESSEX is a very dependable rebloomer,
quite wide in the falls. The standards are a bit small for the size of the
falls. It is a violet on white plicata. A;sp early with rebloom.  (Doubly
out of Earl of Essex).
REDELTA (notice spelling) is another E of Essex derivative, supposedly
quite reliable in rebloom. I greatly prefer the form of the parent. This is
from the late Dr. Daymond G. Smoth of Bloomington, IN  VIOLET MUSIC is from
Clarence Mahan, president of AIS. It is a blue-violet self, more violet
than blue, with very impressive fall stallks. There were two splendid
stalks at our Region 4 Fall Show here on Oct. 30. Quite dependable,
good-sized and well-formed. I have not grown AUTUMN TRYST, but I think it
will be dependable in Region 4, taking after its hardy parents. Perhaps not
as exciting as some, but I have not seen it to remember it. Lloyd Zurbrigg
Durham NC .  ROSALIE FIGGE is putting on a great show, as is Clarence
Mahan's UNCHAINED MELODY. The star thus far has been LOW HO SILVER, with I
BLESS a close second. HOT was open today, one I always like to see.