Re: CULT: BLACK GAMECOCK

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: BigAlligator@aol.com
>
>In a message dated 11/17/99 9:39:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>dkramb@badbear.com writes:
>
><< Mark, this is interesting.  If you can grow BLACK GAMECOCK in Florida, and
> others grow it up north in Canada, this could very well be the most widely
> growable iris.  (Imagine that, the most widely growable iris isn't a TB!
> Heaven forbid!) >>
>
>Dennis,
>     I think that you are on to something very interesting here.  It probably
>will grow in any warm summer climate from USDA Zones 3b to 9b at least.

I'm surprised nobody else commented on this yet.  But the more I think
about it, the more I think this could be true.  BLACK GAMECOCK or another
Louisiana like DOROTHEA K. WILLIAMSON could very well be the most widely
growable iris.  (With the exception of Dennis' garden in Rosamond <g>)

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html