Re: Re: REB: VIOLET MUSIC

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

>BABY BLESSED probably closed our season out, as we dipped down to
>about 22 F. the last couple of nights and all exposed stalks are
>blasted.

Mike, over here in Farmville we still have good stalks coming on
'Buckwheat' which was in bloom here last year at Christmas!  You're in that
famous Dinwiddie Cold Patch.  Our low so far has been about 31F.  Also,
we're on a slope just under the crest of a ridge, so cold air drains away
from us.

Do you have unguicularis in bloom?  I might want to try to come over and
take some pictures if that's OK with you.  My plants show no signs of buds
as yet.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College