From: "Loberg" <loberg@jps.net>

<< Strawberry Fair >>
>This did really well for you in the Deep South? It has been so puny for me.
>have been telling myself it did not like the heat I had to offer it. >
>Anner Whitehead Zone 7

I'm glad you mentioned Strawberry Fair.   What a wonderful SIB this has been
for me.  I live in an inland valley in Northern Calif., and for at least
three summer months of the year, I get temperatures of 100 to 105 degrees...
HOT.   But our evenings cool to 65 - 75 during that period, and we get
freezing weather in the winter... down to 25 at least.  I was fortunate to
get two plants of Strawberry Fair four years ago, and this SIB has been one
of my best and fast SIB growers.  I do need to emphasize the hot weather I
have in the summer.. it makes it difficult for me to grow PCN's, even though
there are natives near me.  So I can't explain the success I've had with
Strawberry Fair, but it is everything it is suppose to be, and I consider it
one of my top favorites.   It's because of unusual successes like this that
makes growing Iris a surprise and joy every year!
Kitty Loberg, Calif.