Re: CULT: Best Question

From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
5.  MIDNIGHT OIL - Has performed well for the last three years,
 best black around (IMHO)

From: Irisborer@aol.com
  I've heard this said before......  who else grows this iris???
 Anyone in my kind of climate??

HI Kathy,
Midnight Oil ( Keppel '98) TB
I grow this one here in Southern California and so far it's done well.
I live 2 1/2 hours drive from Porterville and Mike Sutton.
The first year it had Siamese stalks or 2 stalks on the same rhizome.
It had 4 increase that now have 3&4 increase on them, so it seems
to be multiplying well. It's fertile, My crosses: midnight oil x romantic
And midnight oil x blackout.
(imho) the best black around.(even though I see a little red in it.)
To my eye Blackout is the blackest  black.

Randy Squires
San Fernando Valley Iris Society
AIS Region 15