Re: CULT: soaking seeds

From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
Hello Folks,
Any ideas on how long is optimum for soaking iris seeds
before planting?

Hi Donald,
I soak my TB seeds 3-5 Days, changing water when it turns brown.
The small or immature seeds float to the top, all the good ones sink
to the bottom and swell up to their original size, I wouldn't do it
longer than 5 Days they'll get to soggy and spongy. It works for
me with about 50% or more germination.(never really checked) but
there's plenty, believe me. (the plants take up lots of room when
they get big and start to increase)
Now with Louisianas ( I've never tried this) but after talking to
Farron Campbell, I'm soaking them 3 Months, then taking off the shell,
potting the seeds, covering the pot with Saran wrap punched with holes.
I'm told they'll sprout in 10 Days, We'll see.

Randy,
North Hills, Ca.